02 April, 2013

Apps for Education

I thought it might be good to let you all know about some apps that I have found very useful in my studies. But most of these I run off an iPad so may appear different on an android, the only app that is exclusive to the apple store is iStudiez pro.

iStudiez Pro

iStudiez app for iPad weekly appearance The iStudiez Pro is a calendar app that you can add you classes, timetable and assignments. It is integrated into the calendar app so any event you put in the calendar will appear in iStudiez, in either a weekly or daily view. I have found this app really good because all I need for uni is in one location, it notifies me when I have a test or assignment and it syncs between all devices through a cloud account. Highly recommended if you use apple.


Evernote

Evernote app for iPadAlthough I have only started using this app I don't know how I did without. Some basic features are creating checklists, recording audio, and sorting notes into folders, places and tags, and syncing between devices. What is excellent about this is that it is on all devices, apple and android, just set up an account and it can all be synced between devices. The app has a very easy to use layout.




DropBox 

Dropbox view from iPad.Never use solid state again!! Particularly good for me as I keep forgetting my thumb drive. It is good for storing documents, and there is an app that can be downloaded onto the computer, tablet and phone. You can set up a dropbox account, if you don't have on already, by clicking on DropBox. All you need is an email account.



Google Drive

Similar to dropbox with online editing available, making drive a little better than dropbox in my opinion. I use both dropbox and drive, uploading and sharing documents on drive that need to be able to be edited online and transferring documents from one computer to another through dropbox. If you have set up a Gmail account then you already have access to drive.

Adobe Reader

Adobe reader for iPad view
Adobe reader also has syncing capabilities between devices. I prefer Adobe reader from the app store for this reason and because I can organise my PDFs into folders, rename them and see the recent files. It can be downloaded for free onto your computer, tablet and phone. I use it on all my devices, including my android phone.


No comments:

Post a Comment